13 November 2012

I created a Lavender House

I want to make something different to put lavender inside. So this time I designed a house and inside the house is a pack of lavender weighing about 40 grams. I created it in such a way that it would be kind of different from the other fabric houses. The last time I made little fabric houses was when I made 5 of them and sent it to a lady in Japan who wanted to collect 100 handmade little fabric houses for  the survivors of the Great Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami disaster which devastated much of the coastline and surrounding areas of Northern Japan. Click here to read the article. Of course, my lavender house still has windows and a door and some flowers below the windows. Here is the result of my creativity -
The house measures about 10cms x 12cms. The door to the house is a Christmas fabric with a little button as the doorknob. Am not sure if I had the right choice of fabric for the door but I wanted the house to have something Christmas about it. I hope to make more of this lavender houses to sell using non-Christmas fabrics and have more embellishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment