23 December 2012

i-create Week 49 - My Handmade Christmas Tree

Creativity for the year will not be complete without a handmade Christmas tree and that is what I did for creative life Week 49. The tree which is made of MDF wood was made by my sister. I created the balls to decorate the tree. Here is the tree -
and here are the nine Christmas balls I made and added some glass heart ornaments which I was going to use for a decoupage project. Since I wasnt going to use it yet I added a ribbon so I can hang each heart glass on the tree.
I did balls filled with M&M chocolates, balls filled with a 10 dollar bill note, three balls filled with pompoms in different colors and I also placed a ribbon, a ball with a ribbon embellished with heart brads and I put in a couple of mini fabric roses, a ball with the words 'Believe, Inspire, Create' embellished in a strap which one can actually used as a wrist or fabric bracelet and glass hearts. The balls filled with M&M chocolates and bill notes are Christmas presents for my nieces and nephews. For a change from putting the notes in envelopes, I thought something different for this year and I used the plastic balls and tied a ribbon to close the balls.

I embellished the tree with battery-operated christmas lights and here is the result of the lighted Christmas tree although I think there are too many lights for the small tree. :-)
Hope you like my handmade Christmas tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment