29 December 2012

Australian-themed fabric for my first quilt of the year

I bought this fabric when I went to a craft shop last month to buy some interfacing. I did not realize they were on sale and it turned out that this fabric was only about $4.00/metre after a 50% discount more on an already discounted price with a width of 100cms. At the time I bought the fabric I didnt know what to do with it.

We are only 3 days away from a new year 2013 and my weekly creativity is about to end (2 more creations to be posted very soon). I have decided not to do another year of creativity but I will be doing one quilt a month for the next twelve months. It will not be big quilts as I want to be able to finish it within the month. Besides I have no space to store very large quilts. And since I already have so many quilts and quilted wallhangings, I may sell whatever I make to raise funds for my charity...that is if someone would like to purchase my creation. :-)

Here is the first fabric I have chosen for my first quilt for the year 2013. January will be Australian-themed quilt.
My quilts will just be simple, nothing fancy. Sizes will vary between 30cms x 30cms to a lap-sized quilt depending on the design and time I have to make it. I really hope I have the time to complete it in a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment