19 September 2012

Creative Life Week 36 - Prayer Doll

For week 36 I decided to make a prayer doll from a pattern I got from another group of Dress A Girl Around the World campaigners in the US. Am not really a doll person that is probably why it took me a while to make one. I have seen lots of them but never really thought of sitting down and making it until I saw this and asked the lady if she had a pattern or instructions to follow that I can use. Here is what I came up with following the instructions provided.
The body is made of twine. The hands have not been properly wrapped by the twine as you can see still see the piece of fabric underneath it. And I think the head is a bit big. Am thinking next time I might use a wooden ball. There is a big ribbon at the back of the dress which you cannot see. 

I always believed in the saying 'practice makes perfect' so the next one (which is in the making) would be almost perfect. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment