21 June 2012

Creative Life Week 24 - Fabric Pouch in a Can

Yehey! The momentum is still there and this time for cans. Well I think they belong to the same category except for the fact that one is breakable and the other is scratchable.

This type of can have no cover and wasnt really sure what to do with it. I was thinking what if I had to fill the can with something to eat like cookies and give it as a gift to someone. Without a cover the cookies will probably become hard as a rock because it is exposed unless they put a foil over the can to cover it. Then the idea came still with cookies in mind. Why dont I make a fabric pouch and adhere the fabric pouch to the bottom of the can. And if they dont want to eat cookies they can just tighten the pouch to preserve its freshness. So here is what I came up with. A fabric pouch in a can. And the reason why I had to attach the fabric pouch to the can is because I wanted the can to be used with the pouch and not just take away the pouch and throw away the can for the beauty of it was on the can with a fabric pouch. It didnt take long to create the fabric pouch.  

I used to create small cans for birthdays and Christmas so I thought I should also embellish the can for this particular creation. And then I stucked a felt heart for a 3D effect and added some bells at the end of the ribbon on both sides. 
I know I enjoyed creating cans before but am not really sure if it became popular here in Australia. I used it to package some of my small quilts. You will see one later on.

So I think I am back to creating cans again. I still have some leftover from my can crafting days. It is time to take them out from the box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment