06 May 2012

Creative Life Week 19 - Fabric yoyos and lots of fabric yoyos

This week I did a clean-up of a spare room I use for Dress A Girl Australia. Over time while sewing dresses I was able to collect again a bag of fabric scraps and I really do not like the idea of throwing them away. I know I will be able to think of something to make and use them in the future. So for this week I decided to cut the fabric scraps into circles and create fabric yoyos. And unbelievably I ended up making about 200 pieces of fabric yoyos.

While typing this article I still cant think of what to do with them. I might make a centerpiece out of some or a vase of fabric yoyo flowers quilt or a corsage. Am thinking of selling some of them too.

Am sure this will not be the end of my fabric yoyo making as I still have lots of fabric scraps left not only from making dresses but also from previous projects I had been making using fabrics.


No comments:

Post a Comment