21 July 2012

Creative Life Week 28 - My Fabric Yoyo Art in a canvas

A few weeks back I did a lot of fabric yo-yos but was'nt sure on what to do with them. Well this time I think I have come up with something. In one of the magazines I was reading the past couple of weeks I saw an article of how fabric yoyos were made into an art by attaching them to canvas. I thought that wall art was really unique and beautiful I decided to make one using the fabric yoyos I had.

In one of my trips to a thrift store or a two-dollar shop as we all know, I found a 10" x 10" canvas that came with an easel stand. I decided to buy it even though I didnt know what to do with them but the easel stand was what convinced me to buy. So finally I was able to put it to good use last week.

I wanted the canvas art to have a red background so I painted the whole canvas with red and once it had dried up I started attaching the fabric yoyos one by one using  a glue gun until the whole canvas was covered. I did'nt like the spaces that were left uncovered so I started to make small roses made of felt and covered the spaces with the roses. Same as the fabric yoyos, a glue gun helped me attached the roses to the canvas. So here is the result of my fabric yoyo art, my creative life week #28 and I hope you like it.
Week 28 - Fabric Yoyo Wall Art in an easel stand
I still have lots of fabric yoyos left so watch out for more creations making use of them in the coming weeks and I hope to buy more of these canvas/easel stand if I see it again in the shop. If you can see the easel stand, I think you will understand why I bought it.Both the canvas and the easel stand costs me $4.50. The fabric yoyos were made out of scraps including the felt I used for the roses. So I think this whole fabric art cost me no more than $7.00 with scraps worth $2.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment