17 May 2020

Projects and Ideas : Recycling Magnetic Calendars into a Magnetic Fridge Invites

When we were still small, my Dad taught us how to collect old newspapers and empty bottles and bring it to a chinese shop to sell so we could have  money to spend during the summer break. At that time we did not know we were recycling. All we were thinking of was earn extra money to spend.

Until now I am still a big fan of recycling and reusing. A big fan of being green. I still make sure I recycle old newspapers and cans and recyclable bottles. In fact I created a 'Be Green' quilted panel (click here to check it out from my instagram posting) and a quilted calendar wallhangings (click here to check out the calendar) also on being green. 

Here is a recycling project of those magnetic calendars which we usually find dumped in our postboxes. I needed magnets for my niece's invites so they can decorate the invites on their fridge doors. Instead of buying new magnet sheets I cut the old magnetic calendars into small squares and using a double adhesive clear tape I attached these small magnet squares at the back of each gown-shaped party invites.
So start saving those magnetic calendars in case you will need them in any of your future projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment