Here are some of my favourite Words of Wisdom by the great Dalai Lama:
1. We can live without religion and meditation but we cannot survive without human affection.
2. It is the enemy who can truly teach us to practice the virtues of compassion and tolerance.
3. My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
4. Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.
5. Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isnt anyone who does not appreciate kindness and compassion.
6. Compassion automatically brings happiness and calmness. Then even if you receive disturbing news it will be easier to take, as your mind is still.
7. I believe that the very purpose of our life is to seek happiness. Whether one believes in religion or not, whether one believes in that religion or this religion, we all are seeking something better in life. So I think the very motion of our life is towards happiness.
8. The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.
9. Each of us in our own way can try to spread compassion into people's hearts. Western civilizations these days place great importance on filling the human 'brain' with knowledge but no one seems to care about filling the human 'heart' with compassion. This is what the real role of religion is.
10. Today, more than ever before, life must be characterized by a sense of universal responsibility, not only nation to nation and human to human but also human to other forms of life.