19 December 2020

Projects and Ideas : How to make a handmade wooden star

 The season of Christmas always brings out the best in creative ideas. Here is another project I made for Christmas. A simple wooden star which I finished in less than 2 hours per star and I made 3 of them. So my wooden stars will light up my windows every night this Christmas season I bought wire pin lights and wrapped it around each star. And see below the results of my creativity -



The materials I used to make the stars are easy to find in hardware stores. If you want a smooth looking star you can use dowels. In my case I used bamboo stakes. I used bamboo stakes in my garden. I made sure all 5 bamboo stakes were of the same length. The length would depend on how big you want your star to be. I wanted a medium size so each of my five bamboo stakes were 45cms long. Then I used thin wire to join the end of each two sticks together (star points) by wrapping the wire around it. And to make the star more secure I also wrapped wire around each inner points where the sticks intersect with each other. The last step was run the wire pin lights along the outline of the star repeating the whole process until the full length of the wire pin lights have been used. And as the saying goes - "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you are among the stars." Am definitely surrounded by my handmade wooden stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment