11 January 2012

A creative life in 2012

Last week I blogged about a new project which I will be undertaking and will be running throughout the year 2012. So here it is – I am intending to live a creative life for the next 52 weeks. A daily creativity would probably be pushing too much so I will just go for a weekly creation. Even with the weekly goal it would already be a real challenge considering the number of things I already do but I will try my very best to achieve it. I know what am capable of doing in my working life so this time I would like to see and experience what am capable of in the world of creation.

The first week has already passed but I needed last week to think of what I really wanted to do, check out all supplies I probably would need as I want to make use of what I’ve already got at home. Also I want to document everything I intend to create regardless of whether I finish a weekly project or not.

Last Christmas, my sister gave me a fabric-covered journal which I referred to as my ‘Dress A Girl’ journal. In this journal I intended to capture images of all the things I have made or done for dress a girl. I have decided that I will be using the same journal for my 52-week creative life this way I only maintain one log. Having too many logs to update will bring out the procrastinator in me. I wonder what the journal would look like at the end of the year. Hahaha! Knowing myself, 52 weeks is a long way to go to get inspired to do something or rather always inspired to do something but only in my head.

So come and join me in this creative journey challenge. Please feel free to send me a message or post a comment and show and tell me what you have created for yourself. This is another journey in my life for the next 52 weeks and honestly I don’t know where it will take me or what the results would be but am sure I will be enjoying every minute and having fun doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment